Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

When to start Diane 35 medicine?

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
If i didn't start my diane 35 on 3rd day of my mensus then may i start it on any other day?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2017
Start taking DIANE-35 on the first day of your cycle, i.e. the first day of menstrual bleeding. Take a tablet marked with that day of the week. For example, if your period starts on a Friday, take a tablet marked Friday. Then follow the days in order. You may also start on days 2-5 of your cycle, but in that case make sure you also use an additional contraceptive method (barrier method) for the first 7 days of tablet-taking in the first cycle.
The DIANE-35 pack contains 21 tablets. On the pack each tablet is marked with the day of the week on which it is to be taken. Take your tablet at about the same time each day, with some water if necessary. Follow the direction of the arrows until all 21 tablets have been taken. During the next 7 days you take no tablets. A period should begin during these 7 days (the withdrawal bleed). Usually it will start on day 2-3 after the last DIANE-35 tablet. Start taking your next pack on the 8th day even if your period continues. This means that you will always start new packs on the same day of the week, and also that you will have your withdrawal bleed on about the same day each month.
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2017
Community Volunteer
You can start on any day. That is called a quick start. You may have a bigger risk of a side effect called breakthrough bleeding when you do that.

The best method to start is however still one of the following:

* First day of your period
* First Sunday after your period started, so this coming Sunday. No matter if you are still flowing or not

Remember that during the first 7 days of taking it, you are not protected from pregnancy.

Best of luck!
|
Quick Reply