Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

When should I go to the ER?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I am fairly certain at this point that I have some problems with my gullbladder. For over 2 years now I have had a symptom I can only describe as tenderness (with a slight numbness and tingling/burning sensation) in my upper right abdomen, just below the rib cage. When I press on this area it is very sore/tender and if I press hard enough there seems to be something that pops in and then pops out that doesnt seem normal. This gets worse when laying on my back but is still present when sitting or standing, Sometimes the symptoms are more severe while other times they are dull enough that I don't notice them.

Now here comes the issue, I do not have medical insurance or a doctor. I am currently living with my parents and do not have any sort of income. If I were to go to the ER I have no way of paying and my Father would most likely cover the bills, which is why I don't want to go for unnecessary and expensive testing.

I've spent SO MUCH time browsing the internet looking for what this is and finally narrowed it down to either my gullbladder, Hiatal Hernia, or my Appendix.

(Mostly thanks to this post on these forums)
http://ehealthforum.com/health/tingling-in -right-abdomen-t161512.html

Everyone in that thread describes the exact same symptoms I'm having and after further research I'm sure its my gullbladder.

Okay, I'll get to the point now. How fatal can problems with the gullbladder be when they escalate? I don't have ANY pain at the moment, just the uncomfortable symptoms above. Is there any sort of issues that could arise from these organs/symptoms that won't give me ample time to get to the ER or call an ambulance? At this point I'm just waiting for something to go terribly bad which I'm assuming will be accomponied by severe pain and other obvious symptoms so that I can call 911 or get my Dad to drive me to the ER.

Thanks in advanced for the advice here, I'd ask someone else but my parents tend to blow these things off unless unbearable pain is involved and I don't have any friends. I'd also really love to ask one of the great doctors on this forum but unfortunately even 30 dollars is way over my spending limit.
Did you find this post helpful?
|