Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

when can I expect a period after duphaston ?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi, I'm 25 years old, and have been married for 3 years, we have been TTC for just over a year and have since discovered I have PCOS so 2 months ago I started taking metformin (500mg BD) and still no period ! Then today I went for follow up and my gynae is starting me on duphaston 10mg bd for 7.5 days , I'm wanting to know when can I expect to get my period so I can plan when to take the clomid 50mg from day 2 -7 ! I'm currently working night duty so want to ensure I'm off when "the time is right! "wink wink ! I can not be more excited , I finally have a feeling of hope!!!! Pls if anybody can help that will be amazing ! Ps I live in south Africa and have no idea what all the abbreviations mean! Xxxx hopefullysoon
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If your doctor/gynecologist has prescribed Duphaston tablets to help you in inducing the periods, then you should get your periods within 7-10 days of taking the last dosage. Treatment of PCOS with insulin modifiers (like Metformin) helps in better control of PCOS and symptoms (as most common cause for PCOS is insulin resistance). The ovulation after Clomid use usually occurs after about 4-5 days of taking the last pill. If you are trying for pregnancy, monitor cervical mucus changes and the BBT (basal body temperature) charting to predict your ovulation (along with the follicular study) and time your intercourse for having fruitful results. Have intercourse in positions that allow for deeper penetration for high deposit of semen. Have diet with foods rich in zinc content to ensure better maturation of egg and sperms. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.