Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Asthma Forum

wheeze coming from my throat but I've had my oxygen checked

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
User Profile
Hi

I'm a 22yr old female with an eating disorder and asthma, I'm generally not in very good health I get put in hospital for low potassium quite a lot. Over the past few days I've has a wheeze coming from my throat but I've had my oxygen checked by the doctor and it's 100%. It's really uncomfortable as I feel like I'm struggling for a propar breath! I have anxiety also but the wheeze from the throat isn't one of my anxiety symtoms. It eases off a bit when I take my inhaler but it's always there, I have noticed ive had a very dry mouth and I'm trying to drink more water (I don't drink fizzy juice) but I've noticed I've had some mucus runny down the back of my throat and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2012
Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Answer A38791
Hello,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. The first possibility is that you might be suffering from chronic sinusitis. The discharge from the sinuses falls in to the throat and cause chronic pharyngitis. This is also called postnasal drip. A CT scan of the sinuses helps in diagnosing the same. Any acute infection of the respiratory tree or an inadequate control of the bronchial asthma can also produce similar symptoms. You should do some regular steam inhalation and do some respiratory exercises after consulting a physiotherapist. Meanwhile, please do consult your chest physician for a better control of the asthma. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Asthma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.