Medical Questions > Relationships > Pets and Animals Forum

Whats wrong with my dog, keeps walking around house!

All of a sudden my dog who is old can't sit still she keeps walking constantly all over the house. All you hear are her nails clicking constantly. I'm at the computer now & she came in & laid down by me. Just keeps going from room to room. What could be wrong? Is she loosing it or could it be something wrong?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper redjoy
|

replied April 21st, 2010
well... dogs tend to.. walk.. JUST SAYING
|

replied April 21st, 2010
I know that! This was different, she never did this walks real fast all over like she can't sit & never did that before. Nevermind she finally stopped after a month.
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2010
Maybe shes bored, or something is making her nervous.
|

replied February 22nd, 2011
my dog won't stop walking.
Have you ever found out what this was? My 8 year old Daschund started doing the same thing yesterday. I'm seeing people saying things like - Bloating? - Stomach twisted? - Had a seizure?
What did you find?
|

replied April 9th, 2011
One of my old dogs did this for a while towards the end of his life. He was getting Dementia / Alzheimer's. Yes, dogs can get it, too. As he got older & older, the list of symptoms increased. If I remember correctly, it started about the time he was 9.
|

replied April 28th, 2012
Dementia
That's so sad. I have a 14 year pit bull and he's been running around the house all the time several times, which is not normal for him. He also gets up goes to his food plate, smells the food and runs back to his bed. He does this at least twenty times a day, which again is not something he did before. Does this mean he's possibly got dementia? Did the Doctor tell you it was Demential?
|

replied April 29th, 2012
If this happens again, have your vet run some blood work to check for elevated liver enzymes. Our dog recently went through the same thing and I believe it might have had to do with hepatic encephalopathy. Due to her age, we thought it was something age related at first. Liver problems are common as they age.
|
Tags: hear
Quick Reply