Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

What will happen if glass Granules swallowed?

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Hi

My friend put some glass Granules in a capsule and swallowed it what will happen to her.I am worried.What should i do.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2012
Especially eHealthy
rmary,

In all likelihood, she will be just fine.

Glass in a inert substance, it does not react with anything in the body. It does not cause any inflammatory response.

Since the glass particles were small enough to fit inside a capsule, they are not big enough to cause any problems in the bowel. The capsule will dissolved, the glass particles will pass into the small intestine with the rest of the stomach contents. They will get mixed into the stool and be passed through the body. They will be eliminated with the rest of the fecal matter.

Don't worry too much about the glass itself. The question is, why did she do it in the first place? Was it a prank, or was she seeking attention, or was she trying to harm herself? If it was the latter, then she needs psychological help.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply