Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

What to expect at Urology Appointment

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
I have finally got my appointment through to see the urologist. I have been self catheterising since October 2011 after having an indwelling cather in for 12 weeks for urine retention.

The cause of this is still unknown. The urologist thought it was because i wasnt as mobile as i usually am due to a knee operation. This isnt the case as my mobility is back to normal yet I still can't pee.

I am a 25 year old female and this is so frustrating and embarrassing.

Is it possible they will need to do any tests to find out the cause?

Thanks in advance for any replies
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 18th, 2012
I have no idea with a catheter but i visited the urologist when i was 11 and i remember very well. They make you pea in a cup and do test from your urine the results can involve more testing or medicine. The medicine they can put you on can change your color of your urine. The other tests could be bring a jug home and keep it refrigerated and pea it when you go for 24 hours. Other things they would do is a cyst scope which is a tube with a light and a camera in it which they stick up your pea hole to try to find the problem. If you are interested on wanting know more information that i know you can go to my post ways to get rid of urinary infections. i posted it twice cause i didn't know if it was on there or not. and do be embarrass because i know it can be serious, annoying, and painful dealt with it when i was 3yrs old to 11 the cyst scope cured it after i got over the side effects but i still get urinary infections every now and then if i don't take care of my body. Also heredity could be a big part why you have urinary infections
|

replied March 18th, 2012
i meant don't be embarrass because i know it can be serious, annoying, and painful. i dealt with urinary problems and i am glad that i don't have it as bad as i did.
|
Quick Reply