Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

What to do about violent thoughts?

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
hi.im 30 year old male i have been suffering with depression for many years now but recently i have been having toughts of hiting people close to me with weapons and toughts of seriosly hurting people close to me.can someone tell me whats wrong with me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 28th, 2010
its just a symptom of severe depression. i was depressed and thought i was going to kill people. My doctor put me on antipsychotics (olanzapine then aripiprazole). It takes these thoughts away. However Im trying to come off them and 2 and a half years later and its making these thoughts worse.I now think people are trying to kill me! So me advise to you is dont go on antipsychotics - they are just too hard tocome off of.
|

replied May 28th, 2010
thank u,but im afraid im going to hurt my daughter i had visions of me hiting her off the ground and doing worse things,i need to take something 2 help me.
|

replied May 28th, 2010
the thing is if you take it, it will get worse when you come off it. If you ask your psychiatrist they will tell you that you have no intention of hurting your daughter...you just think you are going to do it. i know its unbearable, but remember your not actually going to do it and you know its wrong to do it.
|
Users who thank powster for this post: elvis32 

replied May 28th, 2010
i just hope it does not get any worse cause i cant cope.
|
Tags: Depression, male
Quick Reply