Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

what symtoms to expect before I die of liver failier

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
my liver is dead Im on oxg.now whats to come next & why the oxg? Hep c class a-1 medical caused by spleen Treatments 4 other liver problems not an option never been a drinker drugey they said I have a 1yr 5 yrs ago I know im going to die but noone will tell me what to expect
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2011
(online)
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

From the history given, it seems that you want to know the symptoms of end stage liver disease.

End stage liver disease ultimately results in liver failure and hepatic encephalopathy.

The symptoms might begin slowly and gradually worsen, or they may begin suddenly and be severe from the start.

Family members or caregivers may notice that the patient has:

Breath with a musty or sweet odor
Change in sleep patterns
Changes in thinking
Confusion that is mild
Forgetfulness
Mental fogginess
Personality or mood changes
Poor concentration
Poor judgment
Worsening of handwriting or loss of other small hand movements

MORE SEVERE SYMPTOMS INCLUDE : -

Abnormal movements or shaking of hands or arms
Agitation, excitement, or seizures (occur rarely)
Disorientation
Drowsiness or confusion
Inappropriate behavior or severe personality changes
Slurred speech
Slowed or sluggish movement

Ultimately patients become unconscious, unresponsive, and enter a coma resulting in death, if the treatment is unsuccessful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.