Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

What should I ask my doctor to look for? Or am I Paranoid?

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
In the middle of March I my pulse was beating really hard, my mother looked it up and said she found something about a pounding pulse.

That night I noticed something in my neck was slightly swollen, I looked up neck muscles and glads and I determined it was my Lymph nodes. I also began getting a pressure like pain, and shooting and throbbing pain on the right side of my neck where all this was happening.

I went to the doctor and got antibiotics

They didn't work, but i did get a fever blister

I took the antibiotics for 4 days and my neck seemed to get a little better but I was still feeling stuff. So I went back to the doctor got amoxicillin for to take 4 time a day for 10 days. I got blood work done to check my thyroid and do a blood count which came back fine except my absolute Lymphocytes was 3962 (high). I also got a ultra sound which came back normal. Oh and I got another Fever Blister.

while I was taking the antibiotics my neck seemed to get better but toward the end my neck began to feel the same. It seemed slightly swollen. I would have my family feel and sometimes they would feel it kinda swollen and sometimes they would tell me im tripping.

Now I'm done with the antibiotics, but my neck is back slightly swollen my family can feel and I am feeling the pressure, and the throbbing and shooting pain.

Now I am feeling a pressure like pain near my thyroid, however I think its actually my sternocleidomastoid muscle that's slightly swollen and i am still feeling the pressure and shooting and throbbing pain only on the right side of our neck.

Also about 2 years ago i began getting hot flashes in my left, feel that maybe a couple times a month, my doctor mentioned the thyroid back then but test came back normal.

When I go to the doctor this Friday, I am going to ask for a urine test because I haven't had one in a loooong time.

Is there anything else I should bring to my doctor?
Or should I just relax?!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 12th, 2017
Welcome to e health forum.

Your headache as described by you is indicative of conditions including migraine.

Headache is a very common and non specific symptom which can be attributed to conditions like psychological stress, viral or bacterial infections of the upper respiratory tract, migraines, functional disorders, vascular disorders and finally neurological infections or conditions which increase the intracranial pressure.

In case of major neurological conditions, headache is usually associated with nausea, vomiting, changes in consciousness, reduced ability to concentrate at work, blurred vision, seizures, etc. In presence of such symptoms additional investigations including a EEG can be suggested.

In the absence of such symptoms neurological issues (present or past) can be ruled out. and further evaluation would depend on the presence of other signs and symptoms in the patient.

Muscle contraction (tension) headaches appear to involve the tightening or tensing of facial and neck muscles. Such conditions can be treated with stress reduction, muscle relaxants and painkillers.

It would be recommended that you consult with a doctor, get a proper medical evaluation and this may help to treat your issues.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.