Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

What's the cause of a lump in the fold of my leg and groin?

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
Hi I am 18 years old, I am sexual active with my boyfriend, I was tested for STDs and I was negative. I found a Lump on fold of leg near groin area? I noticed a lump about the size of a dime a few days ago on the fold of my leg and groin area where my panty line would be. Its not raised until i move my leg. Its painful to the touch like a bruise and is also hot to the touch. Its also a little red too. I showed it to my mom and she said it was either a infected hair or swollen lymph node, but she isnt a doctor at all. I was looking into some forums and several women said they had the same thing but did not know what it was. Can this be caused by a yeast infection because I think i might have one. I cannot afford medical treatment right now, which is why I came here. Please respond if you think you might know. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|