Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

What kind of problems can arise from extended sexual inactivity?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
Hello,

For whatever reason, I am trying to resist all sexual urges.
I'm not having sex with anyone and no masturbation.

It's been almost 2 weeks already, and i feel an intensified urge to do it but I'm willing to go on.
In the process, i haven't been with any girls for that period. I heavily avoid websites with sexual/erotic contents.
Really anything that is tempting enough. Due to ever increasing thoughts, i stopped talking to girls and avoid any unnecessary contact with them in the street.

I'd like to go on for a month like this, but really I wonder if i could go on for almost entire 2012 like this.

Here's the thing:
Am I prone to develop any sorts of physical or mental problems due to this? I understand sex is one of the most basic human needs. I fear in the process I will never be able to get hard again, last long enough etc. What about the psychological sites? Can I lose attraction and sexual drive towards women?

Thanks,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 24th, 2012
Hi Quantum,
It's good that you are trying to control yourself, but as you only said sex is also necessary in life. It's a part of life. You should fulfill your sexual drive, otherwise sex will be always there on your mind, whether you go for it or not, sex will be there on your mind 24 hours a day , whatever task you do. So my suggestion for you is that you should not deprive your self from your sexual need but you can control it to some extent. gosign
|

replied March 1st, 2012
I am suffering from epydidymis and trying to be abstinent to cure it.

When you are in pain on the sofa it is pretty easy to not jerk off. I'd give up ejaculating for a year if it took that to cure this agony.
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2012
Experienced User
Last I knew, the epididymus was the section where the vas deferens joined the testicle (occasionally misdiagnosed by overly worried men during self examination to be symptomatic of testicular cancer).
It's a part of the body - not a disorder.
|

replied March 23rd, 2012
They obviously meant epididymitis. And all I can say in relation to the topic is that this isn't a wise move. Sexual release is so essential for humans to stay healthy. Your concentration will be compromised and you will be frustrated and lethargy will begin to affect your daily life. Although it is healthy for a man to have a good amount of semen stored, there are ways of reaching orgasm without ejaculation. May I ask why you feel the need to deprive yourself of sex and masturbation? When I became more confident with myself and became more sexually active I made the decision to stop masturbating because I thought it would enhance my performance when I was with someone, but infact I found it more difficult to get an erection and keep it and it took me longer to reach orgasm. Since I've become reaquainted with my hand the problem has disappeared. And I can also say that ignoring women in general because they make you horny is another no-no. We need to interact with women to become better people and develop our social skills. Look what happens to men when they're in working environments with no women. That will mess with your head more than anything. I would suggest questioning yourself as to why you thought this was a good idea in the first place.
|