Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

What is wrong with my knee

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
SO this is the second time this happened to me....my knee locks in place and i cannot move it. and it hurts.....reallllyyy bad. my knees are bad anyways lik if i try squats i feel that it hurts. but the first time my knee locked up, a week later a did a knee excereise. so basically i cry my eyes out while trying to straigten my leg...slowly. both times it happend when i sit in a akward position and like move my knee akwardly. recenetly i realizd after this happens i should put ice on which i did the second time....its a dull pain but painffulll
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 27th, 2009
Community Volunteer
This could be happening for many reasons...Weight gain can be a real culprit....You may have done something else inside which caused this...Maybe a cartilage problem, or something else that the doctor will suggest some good exercise to help you...I hear that Yoga is a wonderful exercise for your knees...Talk to your him/her
about this to get some help...I, too, have always have gone with ice...

Good luck,
Caroline
|

replied June 28th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Sounds like it could be one of 2 possibilities either

1. torn meniscus

2. knee cap has moved out of place.

You need to see an orthopedic surgeon that specializes in knees for evaluation. He/she will no doubt order an MRI and then you will find out what is wrong with your knee.

Good luck

Fran
|

replied June 28th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Other than the cartilage problem which I mentioned in my post (torn meniscus) it may also be something like our son had and suffered with for years....He was born with three small pieces of knee cap instead of one...Two of them were surgically removed when he was 18...They were floating freely in his knee and he had grown used to the pain and swelling thinking this was from all the sports he was playing...

Go to a good Orthopedist...They are worth their weight in gold....

Caroline
|

replied July 2nd, 2009
Experienced User
well i know its not weight gain for sure......and i loooked up torn meniscus and it doesnt seem like its what i have these were the symptoms i found
Knee pain
Swelling of the knee
Tenderness when pressing on the meniscus
Popping or clicking within the knee
Limited motion of the knee joint

which i dont have any of these......any other options?
|

replied July 9th, 2009
what everyone said sounded like a good answer. I dont know how envolved you are in sports, but sounds like could maybe be a MCl, or ACL. My friends have messed up there acl, and when it happens your knee will lock in and out of place, and the knee does pop and click, and your knee does swell. I just got back from the doctors today. I had a broken Patella from what everyone thought. I was on crutches for over 2 weeks and seen the doctor today and they took more X-Rays come to find out it was never broke. I was born with 2 peices in my knee, and thats what made it look in the X-rays that it was fractured. Im so happy that it was not broke though. Good luck to everyone, and I still say to look up ACL and see if that could be it, take care.
|
Quick Reply