Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

What is with my irregular period?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have irregular period. Of course my PMS is a guessing game. But they started to be regular for a couple of months each time my friend stopped i started. Weird right? Anyways I got mine in April and May and they were normal. Then i was suppose to start Sunday June 26th. It never came. When i was like 5 or 6 weeks late i took 2 home pregnancy test both showed up negative. So i just waited. Now i am 11 weeks late and still my PMS is MIA until today i woke up and first thing i do is use the bathroom needless to say Aunt Flow came. YAY!!! But she vanished a few hours later. Considering it had been so long since i had a period i figured it would be bad it wasnt. It was just like spotting. And it stopped. So i am very confused as to what is going on with my body. Me and my partner have been tring to concieve for awhile and i thought i was pregnant. I had all the symtoms backache, tired, mood swings, nausea, and more. And when i did start/spot this time i had no symptoms telling me it was comeing. Which is odd for me normally before i start i get a headache and cramp. And the day i start i will get diarrhea. Not this time. It was just there. I dont know what is going on. I know a normal person would have already seen a doctor. well i am so not the doctor type. I dont like being seen down there. And just the doctors office itself makes me sick. Any thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

There could be two possibilities in your case.First it might be posible that you are pregnant and the hormonal levels are low so the test is not showing up.You can consider repeating a test now.
Another possibility is of some hormonal imbalance in the body due to any underlying abnormality as PCOD,pelvic infection etc.But a detailed pelvic examination and investigations only help in knowing the cause.Kindly visit a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.