Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

what is the risk of hcv from sharing bill for snorting cocaine?

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
User Profile
is there a likely chance of hepatitus c risk from one time cocaine use?(shared rolled up bill) i tried it once at a party with 2 guys i did'nt know.i snorted only a few lines but im scared that i have a high risk for nfection:( please respond.extremely scared!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

Hepatitis C is not acquired by snorting cocaine. It is acquired when you inject the drug into your vein, while sharing a needle or syringe with a infected individual.

You should consult with your doctor or a STD and drug abuse clinic , so as to undergo proper counselling, to avoid repeating such episodes in the future.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.