Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

what is the correct weight for a 14 yr old girl, I feel fat

Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....
I am 14 yrs old and i weigh 95 kg.i feel to shy to go out and I feel fat in front of everyone so I want some easy way to loose weight and my goal weight is 45 in 6 months is it possible and pls recommend me with some ways to loose weight and what is the correct weight for a 14 yr old girl
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 7th, 2012
Hello. The best advice I can give you, at 14, is to please not try to adjust your weight quickly. You don't want to shock your body. The slower you lose weight, the longer you will keep it off and the healthier and happier you will be. Don't try "fad" diets or crash diets. These will make the weight come back on quickly. Also try not to set a goal weight. Instead of losing weight to get healthy, think of getting healthy to lose weight. Make good food choices, avoid fast food or fried food and watch your portion sizes. Eats lots of fruit and veggies and lean proteins. Talk to a doctor or to a nutritionist, or school nurse or teacher. You are still growing and maturing and there are certain nutrients that your body needs.

Good luck
|

replied April 16th, 2012
Concious 'Obeist' Teen..?
Hey, sakshi98; I am 14 aswel. I've tried so many diets and everytime I just lose control I cant seem to keep the bad foods away, I have no clue what the normal weight for a 14 year old is, i've always wondered if i've inherited the 'fatty' ness in me, but all of my family members seem to be slim.

I would like to be a regular weight, and a regular size; because I have not been 'curvey' or 'podgy' but 'over weight' for my age, ever since I started primary school, I have been fat, I've always knew my weight and I constantly weigh myself but I feel like I'm the only one that has to worry about what they look like because everybody else is 'perfect'.

I look around at everybody my age, and they seem to be slim and healthy, don't get me wrong i love to keep myself healthy. I just dont know if I'm obeist or have something wrong with me:/
|
Tags: weight, loss
Quick Reply