Medical Questions > Mental Health > Stop Smoking Forum

What Is The Best Way To Quit Smoking?

I've tried to stop smoking for the past 2 years and I can't seem to choose the right way to do it. I can't do it cold turkey. There are a lot of options available to help quit smoking but I don't know what to select. I did find a good website that discusses all the options, but still can't decide. What do you think? Help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 19th, 2011
Experienced User
basically cut down 1 cigarette every other day and keep going untill youre done
it worked for me

youre slowly pushing the nicotine out of the system
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2012
Experienced User
the best way to stop smoking is having full faith upon you that yes you can stop !
|

replied February 19th, 2012
Hi There crappie,

I would highly recommend thinking of using the patch system. I personally had really good results with it. Check with your doctor and see what is best for you. There is a site called journey to success that will help if you choose the patch route.
It helped me so much to lick this addicition!

Best of luck to you!
|

replied February 24th, 2012
Hey , I just read your problem and it is a very common problem. The best way I can suggest you is to use a vaporizer device to quit smoking which will provide you with the same pleasure as smoking without any harm. Hey just give it try you are surely going to love it.
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2012
smoking can be quit through strong will power
|

replied May 9th, 2012
it depends on your willingness to leave it.You have to control yourself and you can't leave it in a moment it will take some time.
|

replied June 21st, 2012
I found the Best time to quit smoking is when your heavily under stress. usually you would smoke more - but by keeping yourself busy and distracted you suppress the urge to have one. its more of a bordom/social thing. while quitting politely stay away from other smokers. have your partner ration your cigs is a possibility. Stong will power is needed! You can do it!! Or go camping and forget to pack them.. see hoe you go. all the best
|

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2012
Hi Crappie,

Were on the same chapter when it comes to this issue!! I've tried quiting several times. I was sucessful for about 5 months.. It happened after my step dad passed away, I was doing good until I couldn't take any longer and I gave back into the habit. Now it seems like I smoke more than I did prior to when I quit.. And I'm searching for ways to quit right along with you hun.. I've tried Chantix but it caused me to have severe depression and other effects.. So, I'm guessing we could try the patches or gums out there.. However, I hope we both find a solution to our addictive habit!! God Bless
|

replied July 29th, 2012
Experienced User
try to smoke one-half of the cigarette and waste the other half. secondly, shift from regular smoking to just social smoking and then gradually reduce it as well.
|

replied August 3rd, 2012
The best way to quit smoking is to develop a confidence that whenever you are taking a puff, you are adding poison to body , and moving close to your death line, suddenly you can not quit minimization is needed. One per day, then on alternate days, gradually weekly and finally monthly. I think all the smokers are big fools they invest their income for purchasing poison (i.e cigarette) for them self.
|