Medical Questions > Mental Health > Stop Smoking Forum

What is the best method to quit smoking for real

User Profile
Was wondering what method is the best method for quitting smoking for real?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile bianworld
|

replied September 7th, 2010
Well first you have to make the decision then use the patch and the gum...It works DONT use Champix
|

replied September 7th, 2010
Cold turkey - the withdrawals from nicotine are minimal and and only last a couple of days. The sooner you are nicotine free, the better. Quitting is pretty easy. Staying quit is tougher....but you can do it.
|

replied June 5th, 2011
I almost burned my house down and started slapping myself when i found out my last cigarette was gone. the withdrawels are horrible for me... And I just smoked once a day!
|

replied September 9th, 2010
I honestly believe that the best method for quitting smoking is one that tries to balance your brain chemistry with nutrition. For instance your neurotransmitters (brain chemicals) such as serotonin and dopamine will most likely be low when you quit. The amino acid tyrosine helps with lethargy and poor concentration by boosting dopamine. And tryptophan boosts serotonin which helps with irritability, insomnia, sugar cravings, anxiety and depression. It can also be a great help to cut out sugars and refined carbs due to their negative effect on blood sugar and mineral balance.
|

replied September 17th, 2010
Five Day Plan to Stop Smoking
Have you seen the Five Day Plan To Stop Smoking? I've heard it works well for a lot of people. You can find it online. It's a free program.
|

replied September 20th, 2010
Re: What is the best method to quit smoking for real
You can too. Counseling, medications, and other supports can help you quit.
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2011
yeah councilling is good and big help for you and get the doctor to helping you how to stop smoking.you have to be strong and fucos postive always y\in your mind that you can do it, you can do it for your self,for the people who loves you, specially for your family and for your self if you want have a good health and if you want to live a many more years.
|

replied January 19th, 2011
Re: What is the best method to quit smoking for real
bianworld wrote:
Was wondering what method is the best method for quitting smoking for real?

If you want to try the way that has a documented 75% stop smoking rate, get a book called "The Easyway to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr. There's also a downloadable audio program.

I gambled the $15 and bought the book at Chapters on a Wed, and by Fri I was smoke-free, forever. I had a harder time picking out what to wear today than I did stopping smoking after 25 yrs.

Best of luck. Get the book !
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2011
My father quitted smoking by using chewing gum. He said instead of smoking, chewing gum will make your mouth busy and forget about the cigarette. In addition, you would quit if you know about the danger of smoking
|

replied January 26th, 2011
Will power did it for me.
I quit smoking about 2weeks ago, I'm doin it completely off will power. I've tried quitting a couple of times before but this time i believe i've done it. Everytime i had a craving id tell myself that if i slip up even jus once that ill be back to square 1 an that it will be even harder to quit.
|

replied January 30th, 2011
trixxideciple wrote:
Well first you have to make the decision then use the patch and the gum...It works DONT use Champix

I agree, what ever way u choose to try to quit, DO NOT USE CHAMPIX. I took champix for 3 weeks in total, and in week three, the side effects were so bad for me, I had to stop taking it. I was suicidal, felt depressed and was really not myself at all.

I tried quitting previously, using patches and just going cold turkey with it, but on neither of those attempts did I have such terrible feelings, thoughts and withdrawals. I would even go as far to say that the only times a craved a smoke this time round was down to the mood altering effect of champix. I just hope I return to normal at some point soon.

I've not taken champix for 3 days now, and I'm managing to stay stopped.
|

replied March 20th, 2011
champix was good for me, quit after 10 days even went for a beer, which previously went hand in hand with the ciggies, i've had side effects, 24/7 tired, vivid dreams, headaches, etc, but alot of this stuff is nicotine withdrawal symptoms, doesn't suit everyone, but i'm over the moon. Wink
|

replied July 2nd, 2011
I FOUND OUT THAT SMOKING IS 2 ADDICTIONS !!!

I've gone thru the same thing. Always attempting to stop - and ending up smoking again.

Hold on !!!!!

I found a life saving article that showed me how to stop and stay stopped successfully.

If you want to end the vicious cycle Please read this article - "Smoking Cessation: The Real Psychology Behind It" by Malcolm Baptiste!!!

Now I have discovered a way out!!!! Read the article - IT'S GREAT !!!

Goggle it on-line.

One Is Too Many, A Thousand's Never Enough !!!

Don't give up on yourself. We can do this !!!
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2011
There is no best way to quit, there are certain treatments or programs that do work better than others. With that said everyone is different and cold turkey is not for everyone.I have a blog it has many tips and advice to help you quit
|

replied July 6th, 2011
Hey bianworld, what's up ?

Have you been working on the stopping ???

Remember, we're here for you.

I did it and so can you.
|
Quick Reply