Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

What if MRI is normal but horrible lower back and leg pain?

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I am at the end of my rope! I will try to make this long story short. This is a Georgis Workers Comp case and I do have attorney(not that he has done anything to help me)I injured my back at work in Ga.2008. Horrible pain in my lower back and down my left leg.WC dr puts me on pain meds and Medrol pk plus physical therapy. After a month I get orth dr who ordered a MRI said it came back normal. After months of physical therpy and 3 EPI he ordered EMG. EMG did show some mild radiculpathy. Has me permanently at light work restriction says I am at maximal medical improvement. Almost 2 yrs after the 1st MRI he orders another one which shows a herniated disk and need back surgery. But says it is not from my work injury. Now I have medical ins, no job because the company sent me termation paper about a yr after my injury saying I did not return after medical leave even though I was still on WC. My WC TTD check has stopped. My attorney says to settle (his est is $5,000-$10,000) because WC is under no obligation to pay anything since dr says back problems are not work related and there is nothing else that can be done because the 1st MRI was normal. What am I suppose to do? NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 9th, 2011
see if you can get the films of the first mri that was done or at leasta copy of the report
|
Did you find this post helpful?