Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

What Does Light Green Vaginal Discharge Mean?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I haven't had vaginal sex and today I noticed that I had light green vaginal discharge on my underwear. I am not sure what that means, but i do know that it did not stink and I am not itchy in that area. What does this kind of discharge mean?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 28th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
green is a color to have your Dr evaluate for an easy fix
best to u

If u r young and inexperienced and maybe nervous about such an exam at the Dr; u can have a nurse present and they won't mind BUT fact is they do this everyday and it gets boring and u could not embarrass or shock the Nurse or Dr in your wildest fantasy SO GO SEE DR
|

replied June 28th, 2011
Experienced User
Why is it green?
Thats what I don't get?
|

replied June 28th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
The most common cause of green vaginal discharge is a sexually transmitted infection known as trichomoniasis. The discharge often has a foul odor and is typically more yellowish-green than pure green
|

replied July 3rd, 2011
Thanks. There was no odor and that was the first and only time Ive had that discharge. Though it was weird how hours later I had my menstrual period.
|

replied July 3rd, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
I hope all is fine, but green is a color u need to have checked out and if it happens again, please don't hesitate.
have u been doing any hot tubs lately
best wishes
|
Quick Reply