Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

What does it mean when you wake up extremely hot?

Well, I'm 15 at the moment and recently I've been waking up 1-2 hours before my alarm clock goes off. This has been happening for about 3 months now and it's effecting my sleep. I get real mad whenever I wake up that early, especially waking up hot every time. I'm not sure if it's anxiety, depression, stress or some other reasons why I'm waking up that early feeling really hot. Some other symptoms that I know is that I wake up and start hating my life. I do feel stressed out though. I wake up and force myself to go to school and wish school will end soon. I'll be in school feeling tired and when I get home I feel as if I need to take a nap, but I force myself not to do that since I thought it would effect my sleep. However, sometimes I take naps around 4pm and wake up around 5pm or 6pm feeling hot once again. Then I'll be doing whatever I need or want to do and when the time is around 11pm or midnight I go to bed and wake up around 4am or 5am feeling hot again. Sometimes I don't take naps when I come home, but the same thing happens with me waking up early feeling hot. I'm on DEPO to prevent getting pregnant and that has a lot of side effects on me with mood swings, nausea, back aches, etc. I tried taking a warm shower, but haven't had the chance to take the bath part since I just want to rush things. Although, last night I fell asleep crying and woke up this morning hot and I asked my mom to let me stay home.
My boyfriend assumes it's my bed since it may be the cause, but I feel as if there's more to it. I'm really concern and hope there's a possible reason to this weird situation that I'm dealing with.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 28th, 2012
Im feeling the same way! Except im not on DEPO, im a guy but, im having back problems, feel nausious, and wake up feeling really hot. I keep waking up in the middle of nights and its kind of a challenge for me to fall back asleep. Im not sure if its because ive been really stressed out lately and have alot on my mind or a sleeping disorder. It just recently started tho. My boyfriend said I need to fall asleep with someone next to me but I dont see how that could help. Oh im 17 by the way and im about to graduate on Friday but all my paper work is due on Wednesday and im kind of behind.
|

replied June 21st, 2012
IHave had The Same Exact Problems , But IGot Over It By Exercising or read a book before bed. Try Doinq That Like, Exercise, Read, Write.... Hope it Helps
|

replied June 21st, 2012
IHave had The Same Exact Problems , But IGot Over It By Exercising or read a book before bed. Try Doinq That Like, Exercise, Read, Write.... Hope it Helps
|