Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

what does appendicitis pain feel like?

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
Is it constant or does it come and go?

Is it localised or does it feel like an ache?

Does it radiate on the back or on the leg?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile CarolineEF
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi nefeli and welcome to ehealth: When my husband has this, it radiated in the left area of his stomach...The pain was so intense he could hardly stand up...I took him to the ER and he was a rush Appendectomy....He had no prior warning...But, he will never forget it...

From our experience I would say that it stays...However, it may show signs earlier...I would not say that it radiates on the back of your leg, it just is a terrible "lower belly ache"....

If you question this and it gets real bad, have it checked out...I do know if the appendix burst that people have died...That being because the infection can spread through your body...The doctor said that his was red hot (for what that mean)....

Please seek advice from a doctor if you are concerned...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied August 3rd, 2011
Experienced User
thank you!!!
|

replied January 17th, 2012
pain when i jog
i have been jogging for over 8 years and never have i had problems.
now recently after a few minutes of jogging i feel a sharp pain under my ribs on my right hand side and then after a while it moves down right from my belly button, what can it be, its so painfull that i must immediately stop jogging and walk home because it only gets worse when i keep on jogging and its to painfull to jog then
|

replied January 22nd, 2012
I NEED HELP with my question
well im 5 month pregnant and im having sharp pain on the right side of my stomach but it also catches on the right side of my lower back like an inch under my rib cage. It hurts really bad when i try walking and every time i lift my my right leg.... is this dangerous? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
|