Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

What causes you to feel "drugged" after eating?

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
Why do i feel lathargic after eating? I will feel so tired its like i am drugged. Its not like "oh i ate so much i could take a nap now" like my uncle did during holidays. but almost like narcolepsy. i dont eat too fast or too slow, just normal eating, normal food and about 30-45mins afterwards i can barely keep my eyes open if i actually do keep them open. Im not a diabetic, was just tested. i have never been one to fall asleep easy either. this has me rather worried because its going on for so long now and i dont know how to fix it besides not eating, but then of course you have to eat. Open to suggestions thanks. P.S-no chance of pregnancy or tubal....total hysterectomy done years ago.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 24th, 2011
Wow! Same thing here. I cant eat and then drive or plan any actitivity after eating cause i could pass out as I have falling asleep when I didnt even feel tired.
|

replied November 24th, 2011
i thought i read something about one of the glands either adrenal or pituitary gland but i havent been able to find it again and about 6 months ago i did have some scar tissue removed from my adrenal gland....
|

replied November 27th, 2011
Feeling lethargic or drugged after eating
Sounds like reactive hypoglycemia
|