Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

What Causes Sore Breasts With Clear Discharge?

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
User Profile
I am a 25 year old female. My period has been irregular my whole life. My last period ended around Thanksgiving. I have sore breasts, and if I give them a little squeeze, I have some clear discharge from only my right nipple. I have taken a pregnancy test today, which came back negative. What other possible things could cause the pain and discharge?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2011
There can be many causes for irregular periods, and in general, a thorough evaluation by a Gynecologist or a Gynecologic Endocrinologist will be necessary to determine the reason for your irregular menstrual cycle.

Breast pain and clear or whitish nipple discharge are both very common in young women. (You should have a complete breast examination to rule-out any serious breast conditions.)

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.