Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

What can I eat instead of packaged foods?

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
User Profile
I do eat a fair amount of packaged foods and I get way too much sodium in my diet. My blood pressure reflects that and I want to cut out some of it to begin with and over time reduce it even more (the packaged food with sodium). My cooking skills are pretty poor and in fact I can't hardly cook at all. I do eat a lot of rice and meats because I exercise a lot. I do know sodium is important but at the same time I have been told to cut back because my blood pressure gets kind of high sometimes. It's tough because I am so busy being a college student but I have taken steps in reducing this like buying reduced sodium soups, eating more plant-derived foods, and also being more active compared to what I used to be like.

Are there any foods in specific that are low-sodium that are easy to make? I am not looking to watch a bunch of YouTube videos on how to cook things as I absolutely hate doing that but rather just want some suggestions on how to help me. I am slowly learning how to cook things on my own but it is not easy for me as I have a hard time remembering how to prepare certain foods.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2017
Can't share your choice of eating packaged food. Think it brings only harm to your health
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2017
Experienced User
I'm not sure what you mean there floppy?
|

replied May 30th, 2017
Have you considered trying a meal service like Hello Fresh or one of the others? They put all ingredients together and send them to you with instructions for you to prepare. Its real food, you can specify low sodium and other dietary and taste preferences and from what I have heard from friends who have ordered, its still very economical because there is virtually no waste. I have heard tons of great things about this option and have been considering trying it myself!
|

replied June 19th, 2017
Nice Thread..Really, very nice and attention-grabbing information...Eating packaged food,I think its not good for health
|