Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

what can cause pain, numbness and tingling in left side?

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hi, i am very confused and need some advise. Up until januray this year i did not have headahces and was perefctly fit and healthy and then i started getting pains in the back of my head at left side, the pains were excrutiating but only lasted around 5 - 10 seconds and went away and always in the same place. Often they woke me up at night as so sore. I got glasses and these stopped. At the same time i developed many other symptoms including a tingling, heavy feeling in left arm and tingling in left hand, tingling and numbness in left side of my back/shoulder area and a pain all around my left shoulder. Because there were so many symptoms my doctor put it down to a virus and i was off work for 3 weeks. I felt a little better and went back to work. That was 6 months ago, the tingling in my arm, hand and back on left side is still there but now the sore headaches in the same place at back of head has come back, as they were before, excruciating pain for 5 - 10 seconds. But this time I also have a wierd pain deep in my left ear ( which now feels like it is going a little deaf)and my vision is strange in my left eye as well as a numb feeling on the left side of my face. On top of this my hands keep going completly different colors as if the blood is not flowing. I have had no tests but have an appointment with a vascular consultant in 3 weeks but i am worried something will happen before that as my whole left side seems to be disfuctioning, my lewft side of face and head feels constantly tensed up like there is pressure inside and my ear is sore. I just wondered if anyoene else had these symptoms or knew what they were or what I should do? I have been to my doctor so many times, i feel bad going back but i really feel ill.

Any advice would be welcome.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
sorry and just to add...i have been reading previous posts and saw one regarding the smell of smoke...i also have this...i have been saying to my housemate for the past 3months that she is smoking and she denies it but i smeel smoke soo much! And another symptom i have had over past few months, which i forgot earlier is at nights my legs shake...like an involuntary shaking it is horrible, i did wonder if it was eplilespry but my friend has that and it is very different as it is just my legs....sorry to go on about all these symptoms but i am soo worried.
|

replied April 20th, 2011
left side tingling pain and numbness
I am having similar issues with numbness, tingling and pain in the left side of my body. primarily in the left arm and leg. It worries me as this issue has gotten worse over the last year. I have had various symptoms in the last year, ranging from horrible chest pains, racing heart, tightness in neck, hard to breathe, abdominal pains, left arm and leg tingling numbness and pain, extreme and consistant discomfort in the very left side of my chest, dizziness, fatigue, feeling close to fainting often, occasional blurred vision, muscle spasms, etc. I know that this sounds like an unreal list of symptoms, but its all true. I went to the e.r. 6 times last yr. each time thinking i was going to die. the dr.s claimed to find nothing through tests. They have ranged their diagnosis into various minimizations. Such as pleurisy, bronchitis, panic anxiety attack disorder, psychosymatic, etc. I beliefve that since i didnt have insurance they did not care and did not really look at anything or try to find answers. The chest pains have gone down a little along with the abdominal pains (apparently tests have found gallstones could of been the reasons for abdominal pains. which hopefully someday i can have them removed). But the tingling in left arm hand leg and foot have been the most bothersome and consistant of all things for a very long time. I seem to be getting nowhere with seeing dr.s and i have searched all over the web. I just wish i could figure out whats wrong with me too. Because i am definately not getting better. I hope we both find the answers and solutions we seek.
|