Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

What can cause loss of vision in 1 eye?

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
my partner has had a very painful inflamed eye, he has had it for about 8 days now, it also feels like there is something in the eye, he went to the hospital, and they have said there are some ulsars on the eye. Thy prescribed drops. Gradually the eye has got worse, it now won't open and he has lost his vision. He has a throbbing pain all around his eye socket, top of his jaw and nose. He has been going back to the hospital every day, and they don't know whats wrong. He's got 4 different drops to put in and a cream. But nothings touched it. He says the pain is so bad that he can't walk, from the thud of the pavement. Please help, it's ruined our Xmas!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 2nd, 2012
I too have this condition, eye very sore bloodshod, loss of vision, been to hospital every day completely ruinde our christmas and new year, I am frightened I will be blind in that eye.
|

Hes on steroids now, i dont know if this will help you, but the doctors now think he has had a small stroke behing the eye which has burst blood vessels that have gor infected, its now explaining the loss of vision though x
|

Thanks for reply, i am on steroids and drops and cream, going back for review tomorrow, still no sight, will keep you informed.
|

Thanks for reply, i am on steroids and drops and cream, going back for review tomorrow, still no sight, will keep you informed.
|

My fella is also back tomorrow, hes on a cream, 4 different drops and then steroids, i do hope u get ur vision back. X
|

replied January 9th, 2012
optic neuritis
I too had a mini stoke in my right eye in 2010.The docs treated with steroids but I still have partial vision loss. In Nov of 2011, I had a problem with my left eye. I was once again treated with steroids. Both incidents have been considered optic neuritis but it is still unresolved. I am partially blind in my left eye. Anyone else had this reoccurance?
|

replied January 9th, 2012
I feel for you with knowing what my partner is going through! He is now on steroids 6x a day, and is back to the hospital on Thursday. He still can't see out of it. The pain has subsided a lot but is still there. I think the hospital has given up!x
|