Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

What are the problems why women suffer irregular menstruation?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
My menstruation started when I'm 12yrs.old but when I turned 13 my menstruation becomes irregular until now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is possible that you have anovulatory cycles (menstrual cycles without release of egg from ovary) which usually occur during pubertal stages. Other possibilities include PCOS, ovarian suppression, hormonal derangements, etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for thorough examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you regulate your periods. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Menstruation
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.