Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

wetting the bed and urinary incontinence

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
User Profile
SUBJECT : wetting the bed and urinary incontinence

Hi doctor,

I am 24 years old(male). Started masturbating ever since I was 13-14. for the last one year or so the frequency is more. Sometimes I masturbate upto 3-4 times a day. Over the last 4-5 months, I wake up from my bed and find out that I have passed urine fully during sleep and wet my bed, for atleast some 10 times. Is over masturbation a cause of this wetting bed? Earlier I used to have a high capacity bladder and could even hold urine for long periods. But now I occassionally drop 3-4 drops of urine (without intention) in my underwear. I can feel the 3-4 drops of urine passing out of my penis but cannot control it. Kindly help me by suggesting what to do.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2012
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A37628
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Loss of bladder control or urinary incontinence can be due to nerve problems or prostate problems. It can be caused by any nerve injury,trauma,infection,enlarged prostate,deranged blood sugar,hypertension etc.It is not usual to lose bladder control at young age.

A detailed examination and investigations would help in ruling out the exact cause.Bladder control can be regained by doing Kegel exercises.But since you have been facing this issue since months it is advisable to get a complete physical examination done along with required investigations as USG scan,blood sugar,urine test done so that appropriate treatment can be started after ruling out the underlying cause.

Medications for incontinence include decongestants (tighten up the muscles of the urethra and are used for stress incontinence), anticholinergic drugs, which block messages to the bladder nerves and prevent bladder spasms.You can get these drugs prescribed from his treating physician after proper examination.

Another therapy is biofeedback therapy. Biofeedback is a training program that can be used to reinforce the proper performance of Kegel exercises
Kindly do not ignore it and consider visiting a Physician for detailed evaluation.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.