Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Went away and forgot my birth control pills.

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I went away for a few days and forgot to pack my birth control pills. Today and tomorrow would have been the last two days of my active pills (the ones that contain hormones). How should I proceed? I will not have access to my pills again until 3 days after my first missed pill. Should I take them when I get home, or just throw them away, start my period early and start a new package of pills as scheduled next week?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 5th, 2011
Community Volunteer
If you are sexually active, you can just start the next pack today. Remember to abstain or use condoms for the first 7 days to be safe.

If you are not sexually active, it does not really matter hoe you take it.

Keep the left over active pills as spare pills when you lose one (it happens!).

Best of luck!
|

I am sexually active, but I will not have access to any pills until Monday. Should I start a new pack then or just not take any pills until when I would normally start next week?
|

Community Volunteer
Just start the next pack on Monday, and use condons until the following Sunday.
|