Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Welcome! How to post about self-injury

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
User Profile
Our priority is to support survivors and people who self-harm. We also support the people it indirectly affects, like family and friends. Please feel free to discuss the issue and gain effective support in our forums.

What to post/ what not to post in the Self Injury Discussion forum.

What to post in the Self Injury Discussion forum

* Posts asking for support regarding your self injury.
* Posts asking for support in recovery from self injury.
* Posts about typical forms of self injury (i.e. cutting/burning.)
* Tips and secrets for staying Self Harm free - how you overcome urges and how you begin to start to cope without Self Injusry

What not to post Self Injury Discussion forum

* Posts that glamourize or encourage self injury.
* Posts that describe specific details about a method of self harm, which could amount to being tip-sharing.
* Anything contrary to EHEALTHforums terms and conditions for posting, including pictures/photographs of self injury.
* Posts regarding eating disorders go in the Eating Disorders forum.
* Posts regarding abuse go in the Troubled and Abusive Relationships forum.
* Posts about alcohol/drugs go in the Addiction forum.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile admin

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2009
Experienced User
Thanks for the advice, but I don't think many self-injurers are going to commend self injury. Most of the self-injurers I know are at least somewhat ashamed of their practices.
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2009
Supporter
1-800-DONT-CUT and the website (www.selfinjury.com)

I just read a post with this on it..NO ads. just straight talk and help..Please all my new cutting friends check this out..

Thank you to poster who sent this in..kd
|

replied December 1st, 2010
hj
I am a newbie here and just wanna say Hi to everyone. I am Crystal from Louisiana, US.

|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied May 8th, 2012
To cure self injury(i.e cutting, burning), you can used tubes to treat self injury or you can used home tips like when you get little bit burning, you can used milk to prevent from burning.
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.