Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

Weightloss with an injury

Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....
So I have recently undergone surgery for a torn ligament in my left knee, which i tore realy badly. this has caused some damage to my cartilage. The doctor has "recommended" I lose weight to avoid too much strain on my knee and help avoid arthritis (due to damage cartilage).
I am currently 111 kgs and would like to drop to 80 in 3 months(ish) so by the end of January.
However due to my injury I cant do cardio work (strenous) which is how i lost weight at the start of the year. (I lost 20 killos then put it all back on)
Does anyone have any recommendations or tips as to what i could do in my predicament.
Did you find this post helpful?
|