Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

Weight Loss on Adderall for ADHD?

Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...
So before anyone tells me not to take Adderall for weight loss, let it be known that I'm not. I do have ADHD. I've been hyperactive my entire life, and now that I'm in college I'm not only hyperactive, but I'm flighty and unfocused. I've had to try so hard to maintain a 3.45 GPA- much lower than my grades in high school. But to be honest, if I do start taking adderall for my ADHD, the weight loss will not be an unwelcomed side affect.

I've had a progressive weight gain of about 15 pounds a year since freshman year of high school. Freshman year I was 5'5" with C boobs and 115 pounds, size 4. Sophomore year I was 5'5'' with D boobs and 130 pounds, size 6. Junior year I was 5'5'' with DD boobs and 145 pounds, size 8. Senior year I was 5'5'' with DD boobs and 160 pounds, size 10. My first year of college I was 5'5'' with DDD boobs and 170 pounds, size 12, and now after my second year of college I'm at my all time high of 180 pounds, at 5'5'' with 36DDD boobs and between a size 12 and 14. Honestly, I pull off the "sexy curvy" look well. Guys still find me attractive, and I don't come off so much as "fat" as I do "curvy" (especially since a lot of that weight is boobs, I have to keep reminding myself.) Honestly, I don't look 180 pounds. More like 150 or 160, as the rest is probably boobs. I've always had large breasts, but obviously they've gotten larger with my weight gain. BTW- Freshman year of high school, my "starting weight" before all the weight gain, I WAS fully developed. I'd been having periods for 4 years. I was out of that phase, (just in case anyone was going to tell me that the weight gain was from growth and development.)

So my hope is, obviously for my ADHD to be controlled through being prescribed Adderall by my psychiatrist. But also, I'd really like to hear about people's weight loss while on adderall. I'm thinking that because I'm naturally supposed to be thin yet curvy (I'm guessing around 5'5'', 115 pounds, C boobs) and because I'm not obese or anything and my weight gain has been progressive that adderall will help take the weight off rather easily.

I have about 3 months until I restart school in the fall, and I'd like to do it with a smaller body. Unfortunately dieting and exercising hasn't been doing much for me. It's just so slow! Please share your weight loss results with me.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE, I'M NOT TAKING ADDERALL FOR WEIGHT LOSS. I'M TAKING IT FOR ADHD. THANKS.
Did you find this post helpful?
|