Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Weight loss - Leukemia symptoms?

Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
User Profile
Hi, I'ma 19 year old Male.

Recently I've been having a few problems that a friend how now made me concerned about. She's not a stupid girl prone to worry so I take her words seriously.

Ive been gradually losing weight over the last few weeks. I've lost more than a stone for no apparant reason. I still have an appetite and am eating enough food, I also do exercise. Not alot of exercise that would explain weight loss, just general fitness. While I do still have my appetite sometimes my stomach starts hurting and I will lose my appretie all together.

Also I am finding I am getting bruised very easily. I'm not someone who does bruise eaisly, but I am finding a poke fomr someone causes a bruise but sometimes I just get bruises that I know havent been cause by anything external.

I am also feeling rather lethargic as of late, I am not sure if this is due to the weight loss or if it is unrelated or not.

I have looked through some threads in this topic and found that some people here have similar symptoms which has me slightly concerned.

Thank you for taking the time to review this. All informaiton is appreciated as I am rather worried.

*EDIT*

Sorry I also failed ot mention that sometimes my bowel movements are irregular. Switching form constipation to diharia or just causing me stomach pain during.

*EDIT2*

I've just checked out the symptomsd, I have all of them as far as I know, except I'm not sure on my spleen cus I can't really tell by looking but it does get painful sometimes. i intend to go see my GP next week. Is it childish of me to be worried?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2010
While some (but not all) of your symptoms could be caused by leukemia, there are also many other possibilities as well. Therefore, you will certainly have to see your doctor to be evaluated for these complaints.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Leukemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.