Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Weight loss before period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I'm 15 years old and a virgin.

I usually get my period every 30 days, exactly. It's very regular. However, this month, it's already two days late, and I don't feel like it's going to come anytime soon. (Usually I get more emotional and my joints hurt and whatnot. Before I was regular, I could always tell a few days before when my period was coming.)

Not only that, but I've been losing weight, and I'm pretty sure you're supposed to gain water weight right before your period. This is the lowest for me, 103lbs at 5'.

What's wrong here?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 17th, 2009
Have you recently been sick or has something been stressing you? Maybe you haven't been eating as much for some reason. Do you have a loss of appetite? All of these could be reasons for while your period is late. Any types of slight changes in the body can cause a period to be late, ie. weight loss, stress, illness.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it too much though, you are young and your body is going through many changes. If you start losing weight too rapidly, please go see a doctor. How do you feel in general? If you generally feel pretty healthy, but you're just stressing out about a late period, then try to relax and go about with your every day routine. Your period will come eventually. Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?