Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Weight gain causing delayed period ?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
please help me out a little bit.My last period was may 31st and im usually on time i have a Period and ovulation tracker on my phone and all the months i get my period its either 2 days early/late or right on time.I did take a HPT my work brand (CVS) and it did come up negative. Kaisers pretty busy and wont be able to see me until the 28th so i guess i have to wait. possibility of being pregnant? any thought on what could be delaying my period? also to add i did gain a few pounds i went from 92 last month to now 103 ,could gaining more weight delay my period also? all the advice would thank you Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 21st, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Any change in your general health can delay your period. Weight gain will definitely count as a worsening of your general health, especially an 11% increase. Sometimes a women can even skip a period altogether.

Make sure that you use the HPT as directed when you test. Most false negative HPT tests are from not following the directions accurately.
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2009
i did go to urgent care today bc ive been having sharp abdominal pain and she gave me a hcg pregnancy blood test and also was diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease.what is Pelvic inflammatory disease anyways?& Any ideas on how i could of gotten that? i asked her but she was talking way too fast.
|

replied July 21st, 2009
Pelvic inflammatory disease is cause by a bacteria going down into the reproductive tracts, I had that too but was caused by a STD,I think u should call up there and talk to the nurses how you got it and that your confused about whats goin on
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2009
Well the only rreason why I'm confused is I had a pap march of 08 and ivve been with the same partner for 2 year I live with him and work next door to eachother I just d k how else I wud get an std...confused Sad and sad at the same time what to do...btw shud he get injected also if I have PID?
|