Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

Weight doesn't budge

Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....
Quick background: always been overweight since college. Peak was at 38 weighing about 190 0lb, 5'5". Lost 40-50lbs to reach about 142lbs steady for over a year. Walked 2 miles a day, did yoga 2-3x a week. That's it. (Stress/divorce probably kept it off?)
Eat normal - breakfast bar, salad lunch, regular dinner/wine, and maybe dessert

Currently - travel every week. Gained 10lbs. Probably ate too much at dinner.

Started to walk 2 miles a day, cardio 2-3x week for 20-30 minutes and toning/strenghting 2x a week.

Eat throughout the day in small groups. typical breakfast 1 poached egg, wheat toast, strawberries, coffee, 1/2 tbs butter.

snack: yogurt, special k - 1/2 cup, berries, banana or fruit

lunch: salad with no-fat/25 calories serving dressing, feta cheese, spinach, green pepper, dried cranberries, almonds with chicken

snack: almonds, apple, string cheese

maybe a small chocolate

Dinner: sushi or salad, sometimes pizza (i'm being realistic), and I try not to have any food at night though I do have some red wine - but only 1-2 glasses.

What has changed over the last year that would make me not lose weight - I'm in A+ health except for the 10lbs I gained and cannot get it off. I'm at 151 and this weight is too high for me. My clothes fit tight and I'm bummed bummed bummed. What am I doing wrong?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2009
Calories for weight loss
My weight was all over the place, I found calorie counting really worked for me. I don't mean starving yourself! I mean figuring out the amount you need, then sticking to it. I have lost 40 pounds and I am happy... Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2009
Cutting back on the portion I eat and doing exercises regularly always work for me.

|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2009
Experienced User
dchell & all!
Check my replies on this subject it will help you. If i can be of further help your replies are also welcome!
|