Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

6 weeks since abortion and no period...

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I had an abortion at the beginning of December, i got told id have my next period as normal in 4 weeks. Its been almost 6 weeks now and still no period. There was no complications after the abortion. I have had unprotected sexual intercourse since then but used the "pull out method". I don't have any other pregnancy symptoms apart from missed period. I heard off the internet that for some women it can be 6-8 weeks before they get there next period after an abortion. I would wait this long but if i am pregnant i want to have another abortion as soon as possible as i am not ready for a child. I hope someone can answer this for me as i am very worried.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 14th, 2011
I think that if you are not ready for any children then you should consider using birth control or other forms of protection instead of using abortion as a form of birth control. I believe women should have the right to use abortion in extreme situations, not to use because you are too lazy to be responsible and use protection. Those are your babies and right or wrong it is not the babies fault. There are other options than just running around and not caring and getting pregnant then just getting an abortion. If you aren't ready for a child then be responsible and prevent the pregnancy before it ever happens! I got pregnant at a young age, but never considered abortion. It was my own fault for not being careful. I chose to raise my child because it was my responsibility! If I thought for one second I wouldn't be able to handle my baby mentally or financially. Adoption would have been an option, but NEVER abortion!
|

replied January 15th, 2011
When i found out i was pregnant i was devostated, ive always been against abortion my whole life, but i went to see a counceller and they helped me a lot, when i had my abortion i was only 5 and a half weeks pregnant and by then the babys heart hasnt started beating then. there is not a day that goes by that i dont think "what if" but i know that it was a mistake, and i can honestly say that if i was pregnant again it would tear me apart, so i turned to one of these help forums for advise, and theres people like you that reply and judge me? ive only just gone 17, how am i supposed to bring up a child? i know its my own fault but i work 9 til 5 every day and by then all the places you can get birth control from are closed. dont you think i would of thought about that already? and im actually shocked that as a mother already, you would even think about adoption, carrying your baby for 9 months and then never seeing it ever again? knowing that when it was older it would risk everything trying to find its biological mother. i believe that adoption is cruel for both biological mother and baby. i think that if you want to give the gift of a child to someone who cant have one, be a surrogate mother.
|