Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

30 weeks pregnant and burned belly

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I'm 30 weeks pregnant and while cooking dinner I accidently leaned over too far over the stove to get something from a cupboard above my stove. WHile doing so, my belly touched the edge of the hot skillet. It caused a 2 inch red blister on my belly. I put an ice pack over it which calmed down the "stinging" feeling and the blister went down a lot. Will the burn affect my baby? Should I be overly worried? Should I contact my doctor? The ice pack has stopped the "burning" feeling and the area is not as red anymore. I still feel my baby moving about as usual.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 26th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Lily, I feel for you. Burning is not fun.

Your baby is pretty well protected from heat or cold outside your body. There are several layers of skin, tissue and water between the outside and the baby.

Make sure it does not get infected though!

Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?