I'm 37 weeks pregnant and an ultrasound 2 days ago showed that my amniotic fluid levels are low. So now I'm really scared and was wondering if anyone had any information on what kinds of risk this puts on the baby. I have an appointment to be put on a monitor tomorrow but if you have any information or insight I'd really like to hear it.
I just had an ultrasound today (37w2d) saying the same thing. I have no idea what it means, cause they checked and there wasn't any leaking, so I have no clue where it went lol. I do know if it gets too low, they will probably induce you since you are technically full term. Don't get stressed out, it'll just make it worse. Just think, you'll be holding your baby soon! Good Luck!
Don't worry too much about it. Bobby's mum had low fluid throughout her pregnancy with Louise and had to be monitored throughout it. But you're quite late in your pregnancy. The doctors will probably want to keep an eye on it and if it gets too low, they might induce you for the safety of the baby. Just keep your chin up. You'll soon be with your baby
I'm going once every week now. It does sound like they might induce you since you're going so frequently. Have you talked about induction? Do they put you on the monitor at each visit? Can you believe that we're so close to having our babies?! After the 1st trimester time just flew by.
The doctors appointment went well, I was put on the monitor and babys heartrate was fine and she's plenty active. However, the midwife is alittle concerned about the level being so low that we did discuss induction. Tuesday I go for another ultrasound to check the level again. If it hasn't changed and she feels it's best to induce me then we're going to have our little girl Thursday. I really don't want to be induced though, I've heared horror stories about pitocin. Plus at the last ultrasound (tuesday) the estimated fetal weight was only 6lbs 5oz, so I hope the level goes back up and she has alittle more time to cook.
About the time... it DRAGGED on for me, but now I'm like, where did it go?! lol
They haven't said anything about induction, but I'm definitely gonna ask Monday. I'm not sure if they want to do another U/S or not, I hope so, cause I have a feeling if it went down again, they are gonna want to get her out.
It is possible Pitocin can make your contractions too long and too close together, but they'll back off on it if that happens. Don't let it scare you, everything else in pregnancy likes to do that too, lol.
Every time I go, I have a NST for about an hour, and they always check my BP every 15 minutes. I hit that button at least a million times too, lol. Must be a girl thing
My heifer is weighing in at 7lbs 11oz already But 6lbs 5oz at 37wks sounds right on schedule to me.
I wonder if we'll have our baby's on the same day?! That would be so weird! I know two girls on here did that in January (?). Only time will tell!