Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

3 weeks late and stil negative?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hi.. i just want to know if some people having the same situation as i am...

My first day of last period was March 4,2011.... and till now i don't have my period.. so i am 3 weeks late.. but that is assuming if you're regular... i am IRREGULAR but i had my OB check done and so far i am good.. no problem with my ovary... it's just my progesterone is low and the dr recommend me to take clomid.. but again i will only start taking it on my fifth day of my period... but i havnt get my period yet...

am i pregnant??? cuz my husband and i trying and hoping.. all my pregnancy test turned our negative...

is it recommended to do bloodwork?? please someone voice out and tell me what you all think.. or if anyone going through the same problem but get pregnant...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 4th, 2011
No way, I am in the same boat as you, and I am wondering the same thing. My last period was on March 26, and I'm on day 40 today. I had a transvaginal ultrasound last Monday, and they detected what could have been an early sign of pregnancy or a cyst. So I got blood drawn this past Monday and I heard back today that it was negative. I am devastated, and I still have all the symptoms, and I don't know what I should do. I would see if you can get a transvaginal ultrasound, because it's the most reliable way to find out early on if you're pregnant. Lots of baby dust to you, and definitely keep me updated!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank HopefulAnxious for this post: cggt 

replied May 4th, 2011
Hi there friend! I took my ultrasound a long with other exams and i am definitely no cyst or problem with my ovary. The only problem i have is LOW PROGESTERONE and being irregular...

Lot's of baby dust for you too and praying you get pregnant and find out what is really going on with you...

The only symptoms i only having is sore boobies and gaining weight...

I called my doctor and recommended me to run some blood test to know if i am pregnant or not... because i read some articles regarding taking HPT... some people have a low HCG that is why it can't detect.. and i read some people's experiences they were 9 month pregnant still negative result in the test.

So it's really tricky...

Hope for the best and have faith... don't stress cuz people say it takes alot of possibility if you're stress..
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 4th, 2011
3 weeks late still negative result
HopefulAnxious wrote:
No way, I am in the same boat as you, and I am wondering the same thing. My last period was on March 26, and I'm on day 40 today. I had a transvaginal ultrasound last Monday, and they detected what could have been an early sign of pregnancy or a cyst. So I got blood drawn this past Monday and I heard back today that it was negative. I am devastated, and I still have all the symptoms, and I don't know what I should do. I would see if you can get a transvaginal ultrasound, because it's the most reliable way to find out early on if you're pregnant. Lots of baby dust to you, and definitely keep me updated!


Hi there friend! I took my ultrasound a long with other exams and i am definitely no cyst or problem with my ovary. The only problem i have is LOW PROGESTERONE and being irregular...

Lot's of baby dust for you too and praying you get pregnant and find out what is really going on with you...

The only symptoms i only having is sore boobies and gaining weight...

I called my doctor and recommended me to run some blood test to know if i am pregnant or not... because i read some articles regarding taking HPT... some people have a low HCG that is why it can't detect.. and i read some people's experiences they were 9 month pregnant still negative result in the test.

So it's really tricky...

Hope for the best and have faith... don't stress cuz people say it takes alot of possibility if you're stress..
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank cggt for this post: HopefulAnxious 

replied May 4th, 2011
Those are the same two symptoms that I have had within the past few weeks too. I went to the doctors on Monday, and I gained 2 pounds in a week (that never happens with my insanely high metabolism). Low progesterone? What causes that and what are the side effects? Hmmm, my blood work found that I have an unusally high level of estrogen. Gotta love the suspense of pregnancy right? I'm praying you are/get pregnant too! I'll check back periodically to see if you have any updates!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 4th, 2011
3 weeks late
HopefulAnxious wrote:
Those are the same two symptoms that I have had within the past few weeks too. I went to the doctors on Monday, and I gained 2 pounds in a week (that never happens with my insanely high metabolism). Low progesterone? What causes that and what are the side effects? Hmmm, my blood work found that I have an unusally high level of estrogen. Gotta love the suspense of pregnancy right? I'm praying you are/get pregnant too! I'll check back periodically to see if you have any updates!


Hi Friend, to be honest i don't even know. For all i know that if you have a low progesterone that will affect your menstruation cycle. And the only way to make it regular is to take clomid, exercise and eat healthy...

So far my concern probably because i gained weight excessively maybe or i am assuming that is the reason why my period delayed this long...

ugh.. hate this feeling.. please keep me posted and hope you're pregnant...
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 5th, 2011
Well low and behold, Aunt Flo started today, Day 41. I actually held out hope that maybe I wasn't producing the HCG hormone yet and that I would be surprised at my ultrasound next week. It's quite devastating for my husband and I because we were SO convinced that I was pregnant. I hope you're pregnant, friend! Don't give up hope, especially since you still haven't had a period! Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 7th, 2011
3 weeks delay
HopefulAnxious wrote:
Well low and behold, Aunt Flo started today, Day 41. I actually held out hope that maybe I wasn't producing the HCG hormone yet and that I would be surprised at my ultrasound next week. It's quite devastating for my husband and I because we were SO convinced that I was pregnant. I hope you're pregnant, friend! Don't give up hope, especially since you still haven't had a period! Smile


Hello dear... I am sorry... Know that everything happens for a reason... We might not know the reason why yet but have positive mind and spirit... The more you stress and pressure yourself affect you trying conceive... My update so far for now I still don't have my period, plus I had a spotting yesterday... After I peed I saw the toilet with one drop of blood... I was shock cuz I used to have brownish color first before I get my period... But when I wiped, there is no blood on it... I thought that I will get my period and I tried not to get sad but prayed hard on what God is trying to do with my life...

When I got home from work I went to pee and it went back to normal... I jus had like egg white texture and color again... So I was surprise.. Cuz I thought I will get my period...

PS: before I had the spotting I had a normal feeling, sore breast and tender but not feeling nassau or dizzy or anything... Jus my breast was sore... And the first peed before then spotting I just had then normal discharge... The cloudy like and egg white alike...

Sigh, I am still hoping and planning to get a blood test done monday...

Stay positive friend and keep me posted with your experiences... Lots of hugs to you...
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 8th, 2011
Hey there, sorry for the late response. Gosh, it sounds to me like you are pregnant, especially with the late period and all the symptoms. I've got my fingers crossed for you! Keep pushing the doctors to do a blood test on you, because if you are pregnant, you'll want to start taking prenatals and all sooner. Random question, how long have you and your hubby started trying to conceive?
Take care of yourself, friend!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 8th, 2011
HopefulAnxious wrote:
Hey there, sorry for the late response. Gosh, it sounds to me like you are pregnant, especially with the late period and all the symptoms. I've got my fingers crossed for you! Keep pushing the doctors to do a blood test on you, because if you are pregnant, you'll want to start taking prenatals and all sooner. Random question, how long have you and your hubby started trying to conceive?
Take care of yourself, friend!


Hi there friend.. we been married for a year and half, we wer trying just this feb of 2011.. I don't take any birth control or anything in even in the beginning... I will get my blood test on Monday and I am hoping... will keep you posted I do take prenatal vitamins.... but I have progesterone low so hopefully if I am pregnant my doctor will recommend me some progesterone meds to keep the baby if and only if I am pregnant.

So how many days you are now? Are you still late or getting bloodspot? Take care of yourself too...
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 8th, 2011
You've been married for just half a year more than me! Smile So after a few days of spotting, it is actually my period, so I guess that makes my days start over and I'm on Day 3. I'll be praying for you that all goes well tomorrow! Hopefully you can get the results back soon, because I'm anxious for you too!
|
Did you find this post helpful?