Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

2 weeks early and very heavy?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
hello , im 18 years old and i've had a normal period every month since i was 10 its never been late or early except the past 2 months, last month i started my period a week early and this month i started 2 weeks early and both were/are very heavy and they have lasted up to 8-9 days long. I have had sex a lot with in those 2 months but always with a condom and i have a low white blood cell count so i doubt im pregnant but i have to change my tampon every hour because i bleed through it ? i dont know if this is normal and im starting to get scared that there may be something wrong with me and i dont have a family doctor. if you have any idea what might be going on i would greatly appreciate your help. Please and Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 10th, 2012
Menstruation Answer A38567
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the cause for the heavy and prolonged bleeding that you describe without examining you and going ahead with further evaluation. Prolonged and heavy periods, with associated clots and abdominal cramps could suggest possibility of miscarriage/incomplete abortion if you had been sexually active without protection. Prolonged and heavy vaginal bleeding is not normal and should not be ignored. Further evaluation must be done to rule out chances of hormonal imbalances, thyroid abnormalities, anemia, bleeding disorder, vitamin deficiencies, probable ongoing miscarriage/incomplete abortion, endometrial hyperplasia, etc. You should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as indicated (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the bleeding and regulate your periods. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.