Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

6 weeks ago started to become weaker as the day wore on...

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
hello all,
i would appreciate any help of any kind the doctors are at a loss so far , im a 59 yr. old male, 172 lbs for the last 40 yrs. very active in all areas wake up 5am go 7 days a week until midnight, rare to be sick. about 6 weeks ago started to become weaker as the day wore on having to go home by 2 pm feeling bad, then i started getting a low grade fever i run 98.6 and was going up to 99.3-9 for a couple of hours a day loss of appitite but could sit and eat a full meal,this went on for 10 days and went away. three weeks later its back and not going away its close to a month doctors are at loss , blood wk ok , lower ultra sound fine nothing jumping out i have hep c and have had it for 38 yrs. never been sick since no high white count ,no high liver enzymes ? will see a couple specialest on the 10 th and 14th but thats a long way off looking for any light at end of tunnel, this makes me crazy with worry anykind of tip will help, thank you very much
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2012
(online)
Welcome to e health forum.

The description of your symptoms is inadequate to make a proper diagnosis.

It is possible that you may have a subclinical bacterial infection within the gastrointestinal tract or the urinary tract.

A few tests including a complete hemogram, peripheral blood smear, blood cultures urinalysis, urine culture and stool examination might help in proper diagnosis. In addition a Chest X ray should also help to rule out respiratory infections (the possible cause of fatigue, and breathlessness).

If your symptoms are severe consulting at the ER for proper advice may be the best step ahead.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.