Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

3 week long menstrual period- what wrong with me?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I am 15 years old and my period has always lasted 3 to 4 days and been real heavy. 3 weeks ago brown discharge started coming out and i thought i had started.. well that lasted 2 or 3 days then my period came and ever since i've been on it. its a mix of brown discharge and blood.it hasn't been havy really, but its been very long. im worried. if anyone could possibly give me some suggestions as to what might be wrong and how to treat it please tell me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 20th, 2009
I have also been having this problem. My doctor said that it is probably a miscarriage that I reported too late. She said that the pregnancy test would not pick it up because I had been bleeding so long.
|

replied February 14th, 2010
long monthly period
Hello
I am 48 years old,until now i have had regular period each month,on 29 ,jan,i was waiting for may period but it has happend with 5 days delay on feb,2.
Now after 13 days it doesn't stopped.i would be appreciate if you help me.
Thanks
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2011
long period
im 16 and have had exactly the same thing as you have listed mine as been going for 3 weeks today and is showing no sign of stopping its making me feel weak and short of breath but im still a virgin so it couldn't be a miscarriage and im also on no form of contraception so it couldnt be that either if anyone knows anything please help thanks
|
Quick Reply