Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

week headache, swollen forehead, red face attacks, head crown

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
Hi, Hope everyone is doing well enough, I am having some health issues and once again am having an extremely difficult time getting some sort of diagnosis. About 2 weeks ago I noticed forehead swelling and redness, burning , hot to the touch, thought it was form extreme cold weather, it persisted and along came the worst headache of my life, also extreme pressure in face. I have been having red face attacks, where my face turns bright red and is hot to the touch, no fever though and it is not coming after anything eaten or being exposed to, went to Dr, sent me to dermatologist who insists it is not a skin issue, I went to the ER in pain, cat scan of head is normal and sinus cavities also normal. I am really at the end of my rope, blood tests show nothing and I have been tested for everything under the sun, I had an mri done, waiting for the results.
I have been sick for over 2 years with all kinds of neurological symptoms and on going fevers, was diagnosed with neuro lyme and treated last year, I do not know if this new game is related or not. I am going crazy, I am only 28 and am basically shut down with no help. Anyone have this? sunny
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 3rd, 2011
Experienced User
Have you considered the possibility you may be having an allergic reaction to something?

My son turns bright red in the face after eating peanuts. His face also swells up if a vitamin E lotion touches his face.

If all the tests are coming up negative. Consider a possible allergic reaction to something you may be coming into contact with. Did you change Cosmetic products? Lotion on your face to keep skin moist during dry winter months? Something you are eating?

Keep a log. Pay close attention.
|

replied February 5th, 2011
Tic
You have a condition know as Trygeminal Neurolgia also called tic. It happens in 1 in 15,000 people. I know this because I have it to and just had decompression surgery for the pain. You need to see a neuro surgen.
|

replied December 28th, 2011
BEET RED FACE
I have been experiencing some of the same symptoms. Mine began with minor attacks, cheeks would turn beet red for a few days and then go away. The more it happens the WORSE it gets. It happened again this past week. I started feeling ill, and then I start feeling it in my face, almost like some sort of liquid traveling to my face. It's a tingling, burning, painful feeling, my face gets BEET red and now my face completely swells, everywhere, eyes, nose, etc. It will last around 3-4 days before it starts going away and then my face completely sheds, it's awful and very painful. This time around I awoke in the middle of the night with a headache and extreme pressure in my face and neck, so much so that my teeth hurt. I have been to doctors, dermatologist, have had blood work, tested for autoimmune disorders and nothing. Sad It is extremely frustrating, my family worries that I have underlying illness and docs dismiss me. Afraid of what the next attack will bring.
|

replied August 28th, 2013
can i fly with a swollen face
|