Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Medical Marijuana Debate Forum

Weed and Throwing up

I don't want to get the munchies so I purposely eat right before smoking, but sometimes I cough so much that I throw up. My husband says that is bolimia (sp?) but I am not throwing up any other time. It does not bother me when it happens, I am ok with it.

Anyone else with this experience?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank NightStar for this post: homerx 

replied August 6th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Coughing can cause throwing up. Your stomach contracts and you are coughing after eating. This is not bulimia. Bulimia is an eating disorder that has other factors involved in it.
|
Users who thank Mabel for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Marijuana has the exact opposite affect on me. I use it so that I don't throw up. It eases my cramps and my stomach after taking all the meds I have to take. Many of my meds make my stomach nauseas and MJ keeps the pills down and the food in...one of my pills for my stroke is Coumadin and its made from small doses of rat poison..I wish I could get MJ legally but until then I guess I will be considered a criminal...its messed up and sad.
|

replied August 8th, 2008
Experienced User
I didn't think I had a problem with an eating disorder. I smoke but I don't feel the affects of the weed I think it is because I am on Geodone, for Bipolar. I keep trying to get high though even though it has not been working.
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I have heard bi polar meds can do that...
|

replied August 8th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
homerx wrote:
Marijuana has the exact opposite affect on me. I use it so that I don't throw up. It eases my cramps and my stomach after taking all the meds I have to take. Many of my meds make my stomach nauseas and MJ keeps the pills down and the food in...one of my pills for my stroke is Coumadin and its made from small doses of rat poison..I wish I could get MJ legally but until then I guess I will be considered a criminal...its messed up and sad.

It makes me throw up. Actually, that is a lie. It causes me to feel sick to my stomach with a very dizzy, spinny feeling. And, you know, it didn't always do that - back in the day, possibly when seeds still came along in the baggie Wink I could smoke just fine. As MJ became stronger, my experience was less fun and more like inducing some sort of motion sickness. Sad
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I know what you mean, some weed is so strong that it does make you dizzy and weird feeling. I don't do it except at night for the most part...but now a days, a little goes a long way...which is good as far as $$ goes but a nice EZ high would be better than the over the top tripping high that some MJ produces..out here I am lucky to get anything so I don't complain. I wish it was more accessible for those of us with HIV and other illnesses like it is in many other US states..like California.
|

replied August 8th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Oregon also has medical MJ. I have some dear friends who utilize this option.
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Ingi wrote:
Oregon also has medical MJ. I have some dear friends who utilize this option.
I wish Texas wasn't such a red neck state..it will never happen here i am afraid... Rolling Eyes oh well, I guess i will remain a criminal in some peoples eyes... tiphat
|

replied August 8th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
I guess that means you'll have to move to the PNW! Screw TX!
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Ingi wrote:
I guess that means you'll have to move to the PNW! Screw TX!
Yep, Texas pretty much sucks....I wish I could move but I cant.... shrug as you can imagine, I don't fit in here....
|

replied August 8th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
boogie 4you

I think the heat alone would kill me.

Today's weather is 60, cloudy and breezy. I'd like a little teeny bit of sunshine though... sunbathe sun
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Ingi wrote:
boogie 4you

I think the heat alone would kill me.

Today's weather is 60, cloudy and breezy. I'd like a little teeny bit of sunshine though... sunbathe sun
Lucky...yeah, it was like 68 in San Francisco yesterday,which is where I moved from...as you probably know...Yeah, it is stifling...it was around 107 the day before yesterday...yesterday was cooler...only 103 Rolling Eyes it SUCKS big time...and the bugs...and the idiots...it really is the pits. We do live in the country and have a 8 foot wood fence surrounding our property so at least I can close the gate when Ricky goes to work and not have to worry about anything or any one..just shut the world out side! earth Wink
I miss cool breezes, the bay and the beach and the sea lions and even the seagulls with all there poop!!!One good thing about being here is I do have all my dogs and birds and lots of land but still...I miss city living.. Neutral
|

replied August 8th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
*sending Homie a little rain umbrella and some rainbow (that supposed to be peace, I didn't see any peace sign in there!)
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2008
Community Volunteer
This is the only peace sign I know of here... peace peace peace peace peace peace peace thanks
|
Users who thank homerx for this post: Mabel 

replied August 9th, 2009
I threw up for the first time last night and I have to agree with you guys on this one. That weed was SO strong. Thanks for ending my confusion!!!
|
Users who thank Antimunchies for this post: homerx