Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Wearing a medical boot for broken foot bone.

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
I am going to be wearing a medical boot for 6 weeks. I am experencing stress on my other knee and hip. Is there an insert or shoe that I could wear on the other foot to help relieve some of this stress.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 15th, 2009
Sounds like maybe the boot is too big or something. I was just in one for 10 weeks for a broken ankle, used crutches for 6 of those weeks and did not have that much stress on other knee or hip.
You should talk to the Dr. about it.
|

replied April 29th, 2013
Just in case anyone is still asking this question, yes, there is a product which will help you--Evenup. It is an adjustable piece that you slip over your other shoe so that the height of the other shoe is the same as the medical boot. It cost about $30 but is well worth the expense.
|
Tags: bone, Stress, hip
Quick Reply