Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Weak anal muscles

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have a problem with excessive passing of gas and being unable to hold it back. Needless to say, this can be quite embarrassing. I do not have problems with bloating, discomfort or constipation. I also seem to have excessive bowel movements. Some days every time I go to the restroom I have a small bowel movement. I try to empty out, but shortly after I find the need to go to the restroom again. Quite often while passing gas I will have a very small accident. I have discussed this with a doctor and avoid foods, etc. that cause excessive gas. The doctor thinks I have weak anul muscles that can be the cause. If you think this may be the reason, I would like to know: 1) how common is this; 2) do you have any suggestions to help me? Also, can infrequent (once every couple of months) anul sex cause this to be more of a problem.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 7th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Yes anal sex can be dangerous for your problem because it loosens your muscles each time you do it...Jenny
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2009
Supporter
I agree with Jenny; anal sex can certainly worsen the problem. Age can be a factor also; those over 65 suffer from fecal incontince more than those younger. Also, women who have had a baby with the help of forceps and/or an epsiotomy (a small incision to widen the vaginal opening) can experience fecal incontinence.
Do any of these apply to you?
|