Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

watery swelled stomach

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hello there,
My dad had a jaundice(advanced)a couple months back.He also developed a swelled watery stomach which looked like 5,6 months pregnant. Now after 2 months his jaundice is gradually reduced but the water in stomach keeps coming back after taking medication. We did all sorts of blood test,and altrasounds, everything came out negative. Doctors are not able to find out the cause of the watery content in his stomach. Doctors are trying to reduce the water through urine( by giving him some medications), but the problem is..when he is on medication water seems reduced and the problem gets worse as soon as he stops taking the medicine. It's been going on for the last two months. It is really frustrating when doctors are not able to tell us the cause of this problem....please help. We appreciate any suggestion on this matter.
Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mydad1
|

replied April 16th, 2010
How is your father mydad1? My father face the same problems too, diagnosed two days ago with water-trap stomach. Draining 3 liter of liquid per day from a tube. Could anybody help? How to cure it? Rgds, Chris.
|

replied July 20th, 2010
My Aunt in amsterdam is in the Hospital for 4 days now, around 8 bags of red watery liquid is extracted from her thru a tube... no diagnosis yet. she's also suffering like what you have mentioned above. please help..

-aya
|

replied July 20th, 2010
My Aunt in amsterdam is in the Hospital for 4 days now, around 8 bags of red watery liquid is extracted from her thru a tube... no diagnosis yet. she's also suffering like what you have mentioned above. please help..

-aya
|