most times, not always, when i eat a mellon or watermellon
my lips and the inside of my mouth sting and get red
and my throat feels like its swollen and its hard to swallow.
it goes away soon, in like an hour or less.
this rarely happens with tomatos also.
it started about 3 years ago.
so i dont get it, i thought if you are alergic to something its from birth.
funny thing is, i like mellons/watermellons,
so most of the times i eat them even if i know the consequenses =P
My sister also had symptoms to those two items. Now she also cannot have beer or shellfish, especially shrimp and lobster.
I have multiple food allergies - most of them developed in my late 30's. The more exposure you have to certain foods the stronger the reactions can get. Even if you have had a mild reaction (like the ones you've described) you can suddenly have a much stronger or possibly life-threatening (anaphylactic) one. Please talk with your doctor or allergist about the reactions you've been having and find other favorite foods to enjoy safely instead of the problem ones.